|Watermelon and tomato. Gazpacho? Margarita? Breakfast?|
Guess What We All Have in our Kitchens This Weekend?
What a perfect way to finish up a great summer.
- one medium seedless watermelon, peeled and cut in chunks
- 3-4 small cucumbers, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 6 medium assorted ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- fresh basil leaves, packed (or cilantro, or mint, or a combo)
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 large leek (or a small mild onion, or 6 green onion
In batches, puree watermelon in blender or food processor.
Puree cucumbers and tomatoes and leeks with herbs.
Season to taste with lime juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
Refrigerate several hours to allow flavor to develop.
Serve in a tall glass with a blast of tequila or vodka,
Serve in a bowl as a refreshing cold soup
Freeze in an ice-cream maker for a refreshing sorbet.