Confession: I hate okra. Well, I guess I should say I hated okra until last night when I discovered this delicious super easy recipe that totally eliminates that sticky slimy okra thing.
Its kind of Indian with the garam masala, but its just totally delicious, or…addictive.
1 lb. okra
oil for deep frying
1 pomegranate, seeded
- Wash okra, trim the stems and tips and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Heat about an inch of oil in a skillet to 350 on a deep-fry thermometer or until an okra slice sizzles madly when slipped into the oil.
- fry okra in batches (not more than one layer in the oil) until light brown and crisp.
- drain okra on brown paper or paper towels
- sprinkle with coarse salt, garam masala, and cayenne to taste.
- toss with pomegranate seeds.