For Sweet potato Latkes- Perfect for Thanksgivukkah,
just use 6 small sweet potatoes, and instead of the onion, use 3 shallots, and a quarter cup of fresh parsley.
Serve with Creme Fraiche, Applesauce, and Gravlax.or Cranberry Chutney:
- 2 large organic navel oranges
- 2 bags fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash the oranges well, cut off about 1/4 inch from both the stem and blossom end, and chop roughly in a food processor.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries and water with 1/4 cup of Grand Marnier and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Add the chopped oranges, cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have popped, about 10 minutes. Add the vinegar, both sugars, the ginger and orange pieces and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More Thanksgiving Recipes Here
and of course the all important STUFFING recipe here
The Best Pecan Pie, and Praline Sweet Potatoes Here
Cranberry Orange Sauce with Agave in case you want to cut down on white sugar